Friday, December 08, 2006

Poinsettias and Pets

Toxicologists at the ASPCA have concluded that poinsettias will cause upset stomach and gastrointestinal irritation, but it is not the deadly poison that seemed to have reached urban myth status. Says the APCC’s Dana B. Farbman, CVT, “In reality, ingestions typically produce only mild to moderate gastrointestinal tract irritation in pets, which may include drooling, vomiting and diarrhea.” So now poinsettia lovers and animal lovers can have their cake err flowers and eat it, too. For more information please visit the the final word on poinsettias, and remember that rescuing animals is a job without vacation time. Please consider contributing today.


Post a Comment

<< Home